Thursday, January 22, 2015

Rane TTM57SL Lovers...You are Not Forgotten...the TTM57MkII

I remember buying my TTM57SL three days after it was available in stores. To know that the 64, 62, and 61 mixers were to be the followers for Serato DJ was almost heartbreaking. I felt like what was once a staple, a standard, was no more. Until today...

We heard about some new gear from Rane early on, but there were some tight lips as to what it was. No way under no circumstances was ANYONE spilling their guts as to what was going on, and I've gotta say, as a lover of Rane, that can drive you NUTS.

As I made my way to booth, the speculation seemed to be false...all this talk about a new DJ controller from Rane just wasn't true. But what was true was that the TTM57SL had come back to life. Here is the TTM57mkII



In her own stylish way, she reminds me of my old friend. In her modern way she is SOOOO much more. The new controls work perfectly for Serato DJ, including controls for FX, libraries and looping. 

The DUAL USB PORT (YEAHHH!!) lets me share the love with my friends that don't know her awesomeness.

The new color-coordinated pads make her sexier than ever, with what appears to be much easier access to cues and sampls. 

As we understand it the TTM57MkII is still a ways out from release, with new firmware updates coming almost daily to the product designers and developers, so no pricing just yet...We're gonna guess $1299? Maybe?

Welcome back TTM57...it's good to see you again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment