Thursday, July 2, 2015

#RealDJing

It has been little over two years since A-Trak has released a routine video, and what better time to release a new one than in a time when DJ's are viewed as pose-striking jukeboxes. Although some DJ's do prove these stereotypes true, a much larger scale of club, bedroom, garage, and festival DJ's beg to differ. His new routine video, which is a prime example of #RealDJing, showcases not only his skills, but his versatility with hardware, and software (since he began using analog, then Serato and so on).

It all began when A-Trak hit the nail on the head with his #RealDJing Instagram Post that captioned, "There's a lot of talk lately about what DJing is becoming. I've seen it evolve a lot over the years. I started DJing when I was 13, scratching vinyl and playing strictly hip hop, winning championships. The DMC judges thought I was pretty good at it, but think my definition was narrow back then."But I have my style and it's my passion. I love standing for something that means something, as Pharcyde would say. When you come to my show you know you'll see me cut. And take risks. DJing is about taking risks. I represent #RealDJing #YouKnowTheDifference."


No comments:

Post a Comment